- Since 1978 closed sale, lease, and build-to-suit brokerage transactions, valued at $425 million.
- Negotiated more than 600 leases.
- Negotiated over 50 build-to-suit transactions.
- Managed 25 facilities with more than 100 tenants.
- Represents corporate tenants and owners and developers.
- Has more than 15 years of construction and development experience.
- One of only 700 real estate professionals in the world to hold both the SIOR and CCIM designations.
Joyce was born into a real estate family. For the first 10 years of her career, she worked full time as Secretary/Treasurer of her family's construction and development firm, W.E. Erickson Construction, Inc., in Elmhurst, IL. Then, after more than 25 years of real estate experience with some of the most prominent commercial brokerage and development firms, Joyce M. Slone, SIOR, CCIM, founded her own real estate brokerage and advisory firm, Slone Commercial, LLC, in 2004.
Prior to that, Joyce served as Director of Portfolio Leasing for Schiller Park, IL-Bases Northern Builders, Inc., one of the largest full-service development and construction firms in the Midwest. During her two and a half year with Northern, she was responsible for the leasing, management and profitability of the company's 6,000,000 SF office and industrial portfolio. During her tenure, she signed more than 50 industrial and office leases.
Slone has held executive positions at some of Chicago's oldest and most respected industrial local, regional, and global brokeage firms and was consistently recognized as a top producer, racking up a track record of sale, lease, and build-to-suit transactions, valued in excess of $425 million.
Those firms include:
- 2 Years: Cushman & Wakefield of Illinois, Inc., Industrial Division, Rosemont, IL, office
- 4 Years: Podolsky Northstar Realty Partners, LLC, Brokerage, Westmont, IL, office
- 5 Years: Paine/Wetzel Associates, Inc., Industrial Brokerage, Chicago, IL, office
- 5 Years: Arthur J. Rogers & Company, Industrial Brokerage, Oak Brook Terrace, IL office
During her career, she has represented a wide range of real estate clients for which she provided advisory and brokerage services, arranged financing, coordinated infrastrucure improvements, marketed build-to-suit opportunities, and represented corporate tenants as well as owners and developers of major business parks (for more comprehensive list of representative clients, please see "CLIENTS"):
- Corporate Clients: DesignPac, Inc.; Ryder Logistics; Sara Lee; M&M Party Rental; Hunter Panels; The Money Store Investment Corporation; Central States Trucking; Monsanto Corporation; Krusinki Construction
- Owners & Developers: Opus North Corporation; Duke Realty Corp.; IDI; The Rockefeller Group; CenterPoint Property Trust; Aurora Venture, a division of CC industries; First Inductrial Realty Trust, Inc.; AMB Property Corporation; Northern Builders
Joyce is well known and respected in commercial real estate circles not only for her outstanding business achievements, but also for her years of dedicated service and tireless activism with industry organizations at both the local and national levels, She is one of only 700 real estate professionals in the world to hold the both SIOR and CCIM designations.
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) since 1992
- National Director, National Membership Council (2007-2009)
- National Vice Chairman, Membership Development and Retention Committee
- National Chairman, Membership Development and Retention Committee
- National Chairman, New Member Welcoming Committee
- National Chair, Admissions
- Vice President, Midwest Region
- President, Chicago Chapter
- Treasurer, Chicago Chapter
- Vice President, Chicago Chapter
- Secretary, Chicago Chapter
- Chairman, Chicago Chapter Membershiip Committee
- Member, Task Force Committees:
- National Association of Realtors Task Force
- National Admissions Policies & Procedures Committee
- Executive Membership Task Force
- Certified Commercial Investment Membership (CCIM) since 1990
- Member, National Designation Committee since 1992
- Co-Chair, CCIM International Conference in 2000
- Member, Chicago Chapter CCIM Board of Directors
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE) since 1986
- Chair, Annual Golf Outing
- Member, Board of Directors
- Chair, Developer's Showcase
- Northern Illinois Commercial Association of Realtors (NICAR) since 1995
- Lamda Alpha International Association since 2006
- Elmhurst Rotary Club
- Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce
- Elmhurst Heritage Foundation
Joyce is a native of Elmhurst, IL, attended Elmhurst College, and served as Commissioner of the City of Elmhurst's Zoning and Planning Commission from 2004 - 2012. A licensed real estate broker in Illinois since 1979, she has won many real estate industry awards including the following:
- Largest Transaction with a Platinum Sponsor in 2004: SIOR Chicago, IL Chapter
- President's Award for Outstanding Service in 2004: SIOR Chicago, IL Chapter
- Industrial Transaction of the Year in 1999: NICAR
- Largest Single Office Lease in 1994: CCIM Illinois Chapter
- Most Inter Chapter Transactions in 1994 CCIM Illinois Chapter
340 W. Butterfield Road, Suite 4B
Elmhurst, IL 60126 DuPage County
tel: (708) 302-3570
I love running my own company, because nobody tells me I can't do something to service a client.
Working at Northern was a great experience, because it allowed me to return to the development side of the business.
The best thing about working for the top companies in your industry is learning what works and what doesn't. I had some great teachers.
Working with developers, investors, and corporations gives me an in-depth understanding of the mindsets on all sides of the table.