- Since 1978 closed sale, lease, and build-to-suit brokerage transactions, valued at $450 million.
- Negotiated more than 600 leases.
- Negotiated over 50 build-to-suit transactions.
- Managed 25 facilities with more than 100 tenants.
- Represents corporate tenants and owners and developers.
- Has more than 15 years of construction and development experience.
- One of only 700 real estate professionals in the world to hold both the SIOR and CCIM designations.
Joyce was born into a real estate family. For the first 10 years of her career, she worked full time as Secretary/Treasurer of her family's construction and development firm, W.E. Erickson Construction, Inc., in Elmhurst, IL. Then, after more than 25 years of real estate experience with some of the most prominent commercial brokerage and development firms, Joyce M. Slone, SIOR, CCIM, founded her own real estate brokerage and advisory firm, Slone Commercial, LLC, in 2004.
Prior to that, Joyce served as Director of Portfolio Leasing for Schiller Park, IL-Bases Northern Builders, Inc., one of the largest full-service development and construction firms in the Midwest. During her two and a half year with Northern, she was responsible for the leasing, management and profitability of the company's 6,000,000 SF office and industrial portfolio. During her tenure, she signed more than 50 industrial and office leases.
Slone has held executive positions at some of Chicago's oldest and most respected industrial local, regional, and global brokeage firms and was consistently recognized as a top producer, racking up a track record of sale, lease, and build-to-suit transactions, valued in excess of $450 million.
Those firms include:
- 2 Years: Cushman & Wakefield of Illinois, Inc., Industrial Division, Rosemont, IL, office
- 4 Years: Podolsky Northstar Realty Partners, LLC, Brokerage, Westmont, IL, office
- 5 Years: Paine/Wetzel Associates, Inc., Industrial Brokerage, Chicago, IL, office
- 5 Years: Arthur J. Rogers & Company, Industrial Brokerage, Oak Brook Terrace, IL office
During her career, she has represented a wide range of real estate clients for which she provided advisory and brokerage services, arranged financing, coordinated infrastrucure improvements, marketed build-to-suit opportunities, and represented corporate tenants as well as owners and developers of major business parks (for more comprehensive list of representative clients, please see "CLIENTS"):
- Corporate Clients: DesignPac, Inc.; Ryder Logistics; Sara Lee; M&M Party Rental; Hunter Panels; The Money Store Investment Corporation; Central States Trucking; Monsanto Corporation; Krusinki Construction
- Owners & Developers: Opus North Corporation; Duke Realty Corp.; IDI; The Rockefeller Group; CenterPoint Property Trust; Aurora Venture, a division of CC industries; First Inductrial Realty Trust, Inc.; AMB Property Corporation; Northern Builders
Joyce is well known and respected in commercial real estate circles not only for her outstanding business achievements, but also for her years of dedicated service and tireless activism with industry organizations at both the local and national levels, She is one of only 700 real estate professionals in the world to hold the both SIOR and CCIM designations.
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Member since 1992
- Attended approximately 50 of the 60 conventions since becoming a member
- National Chairman of New Member Welcoming Committee 1997 - 1998, committee member 1994 - 1998
- Chairman of the Midwest Regional Conference held in Chicago 1994
- National Vice Chairman of Membership Development and Retention Committee 1999 - 2000
- National Chairman of Membership Development and Retention Committee 2000 - 2002
- Regional Vice-President 2002 - 2004 & formed the Wisconsin Chapter in 2004
- National Admission Chair 2004 - 2005 and committee member 2006 - 2007
- National Nominating Committee member 2004 - 2006,2009 - 2011
- Membership Council Director 2007 - 2009
- National Board of Directors 2002 - 2004,2007 - 2009
- Member of several Task Force Groups
- Speaker at several roundtable sessions
- Working Diversity Chair 2013
- Working Diversity Committee since 2011
- Local - Chicago Chapter
- Chairman of Membership Retention/Admission 1996 - 1998
- Treasurer 1998
- Secretary 1999
- Vice-President 2000
- President 2001
- Board Member 1996 - 2010
- Chairman of Holiday Party 2003 - Present
- Chairman of Awards Program 2003 - 2018
- Convention Committee 1998 - 2003
- 2004 received the one and only President's Award for outstanding service to the chapter.
- Certified Commercial Investment Membership (CCIM)
- Member since 1990
- Attended all conventions from 1990 - 1993, 2000
- National Designation Committee 1992 - 2006
- Co-Chairman of the CCIM International Conference 2000
- Chicago Chapter Board Member 1992 - 1995, 1997
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE)
- Member since 1986
- Chair, Annual Golf Outing
- Member, Board of Directors
- Chair, Developer's Showcase
- Northern Illinois Commercial Association of Realtors (NICAR)
- Member since 1995
- Lamda Alpha International Association
- Member since 2006
- Elmhurst Economic Development Corporation
- Co-Chairman of the Marketing & Recruitment Committee 1999
- Chairman of the Marketing & Recruitment Committee 2000 - 2001
- Chairman of the Real Estate Committee 1999 - 2003
- Chairman of the Membership & Retention Committee 2002 - 2003
- Executive Board Member 1999 - 2004
- Vice-Chairman of the Board 2000 - 2001, Disbanded in 2004
- Elmhurst Planning & Zoning Committee
- Appointed by the Mayor of Elmhurst as a Commissioner 2004 - 2010
- Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce
- Member since 2001
- Board Member 2007 - 2011
- Governmental Affairs Committee 2007 - 2009
- Ways & Means Committee 2009 - 2011
- Elmhurst Rotary Club
- Member since 2010
- Board Member 2015 - 2017
- Elmhurst Heritage Foundation
- Member since 2014
- Board Member since 2008
Joyce is a native of Elmhurst, IL, attended Elmhurst College, and served as Commissioner of the City of Elmhurst's Zoning and Planning Commission from 2004 - 2012. A licensed real estate broker in Illinois since 1979, she has won many real estate industry awards including the following:
- Largest Transaction with a Platinum Sponsor in 2004: SIOR Chicago, IL Chapter
- President's Award for Outstanding Service in 2004: SIOR Chicago, IL Chapter
- Industrial Transaction of the Year in 1999: NICAR
- Largest Single Office Lease in 1994: CCIM Illinois Chapter
- Most Inter Chapter Transactions in 1994 CCIM Illinois Chapter
340 W. Butterfield Road, Suite 4B
Elmhurst, IL 60126 DuPage County
I love running my own company, because nobody tells me I can't do something to service a client.
Working at Northern was a great experience, because it allowed me to return to the development side of the business.
The best thing about working for the top companies in your industry is learning what works and what doesn't. I had some great teachers.
Working with developers, investors, and corporations gives me an in-depth understanding of the mindsets on all sides of the table.